Help Us Help Houston; BAMFI To Hold “Stuff The Truck” Drive To Aid Those Affected By Hurricane Harvey On September 9 and 10
(Landover Hills, MD) – WHAT: The Black and Missing Foundation is coordinating a drive to gather needed items for those affected by Hurricane Harvey and to bring some relief to families.
WHEN: Saturday, September 9, 9AM to Noon and Sunday, September 10, 3PM to 6PM
WHERE: Lowe’s Parking Lot – 10440 Campus Way South, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
MOST NEEDED ITEMS ARE:
- Baby Diapers / Pampers (All Sizes) / Baby T-Shirts (All Sizes) & Baby Formula / Food / Bottles
- Dry Food Items (Dry Milk, Peanut Butter, Crackers, etc.)
- Hygiene Items (Deodorant, Dry Soap, Lotions, etc.)
- Feminine Hygiene Items (Tampons, Pads)
- Towels, Washcloths, Socks
- T-Shirts (All Sizes), Underwear in Packaging (All Sizes) & Batteries, Flashlights
- Canned Ready-to-Eat Items with Pull Tops: Vegetables, Fruit, Protein in Pouches or Pull-Top Cans (Tuna, Beef Stew, Chili, Canned Chicken)
- Peanut Butter Snacks
- Granola Bars, Breakfast Bars, etc.
- Paper Goods
- Cleaning Supplies (Mops, Mop Buckets, Bleach Wipes, Bleach, Garbage Bags)
- Bug Spray
- GREATEST NEED IS WATER!
The drive is held in partnership with:
- Metropolitan Transit Authority Harris County
- Arthur’s Flooring
- Liberty Christian Church
- Redesign of U
- Anew Inspired Change Organization
About Black and Missing Foundation Inc.:
Black and Missing Foundation, Inc (BAMFI) is established as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, by a veteran law enforcement official and public relations specialist, whose mission is to bring awareness to missing persons of color; provide vital resources and tools to missing person’s families and friends; and to provide educational training on personal safety. BAMFI offers a free clearinghouse, which highlights profiles and information on missing persons of color, nationally. Profiles of missing individuals, throughout the nation, as well as news, information, and tips, can be found at BAMFI’s Web site: www.bamfi.org, IG: @blackandmissingfdn, Twitter: @BAM_FI or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bamfiorg.
Photo credit: Black and Missing Foundation